By bicycle ...
Cycleroad along the Burgundish canal
Genuine continuously itinerary allowing a soft transit from one destination to another, the cycleroad of Burgundy offers you many possibilities : go for a walk, have a break, discover, each one to his own rythm and according to his humour !
The Ouche and Montagne territory offers you to discover a part of its itinerary through the villages crossed : Velars-sur-Ouche, Fleurey-sur-Ouche, Sainte-Marie-sur-Ouche and its hamlet Pont-de-Pany, Gissey-sur-Ouche, Barbirey-sur-Ouche further and then Saint-Victor-sur-Ouche.
You will have each time the possibility to discover one or another village and to have a break to feed on the pic-nic areas. You can also discover the local products sold at the " Ecluse de la charme " or to search hidden treasures ...
Do not hesitate to have a look at the map " The Burgundy with bicycle " as well as the Vélibook Burgundish Canal from Migennes to Saint-Jean-de-Losne. The part Pouilly-en-Auxois to Dijon is the one which is crossing the Ouche valley villages. This Vélibook is available at the Turism Office.
The Burgundish tour by bicycle
The cycleroad along the Canal of Burgundy is widely registered in the " Tour of Burgundy by bicycle ". This one allows you to cross Burgundy thanks to an incredible network of canals furnished for the bikers and with the green lanes. You could discover the Burgundish region, its vineyards, its castles, its chapels, its villages, its cellars, its sluices ...
The burgundish tour uses the following routes which can be linked between them :
- The burgundish canal from Auxerre to Dijon (45% of green lanes and 55% of towpaths),
- The wineyards path from Dijon to Santenay, then Chalon where you can reach the Center Canal thanks to the Euro Vélo 6 (small and quiet roads),
- The lateral canal to the Loire, link to beautiful towns as Digoin, Bourbon-Lancy, Decize or Nevers (more than 40% of green lanes),
- The Center canal from Chalon to Digoin, from the Saône river to the Loire river. This part of the Eurovélo 6 uses the center canal which roundes the South Burgundy (almost 40% of green lanes),
- The Nivernais canal from Auxerre to Decize (almost 90% of green lanes),
- The South Burgundy by bicycle from Chalon to Mâcon, through the green lane from the coast of Chalon and back by the blue lane close to the Saône, from Mâcon to Chalon (more than 90% of green lanes for the coast of Châlon).
The itinerary is mostly landscaped on secure path : towpaths, green lanes et small roads with a very light traffic. Many " bicylce welcome " accomodations are located less than 5 km from the itinerary and grant you quality services (as for instance, a closed garage to park your bicycles).